Author Topic: Join Michigan Open Carry in Lansing for a Picnic  (Read 27418 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Join Michigan Open Carry in Lansing for a Picnic
« on: June 07, 2011, 11:39:04 PM »
Michigan Open Carry is looking to organize an Outdoor Picnic in/near Lansing, Michigan in July.  The exact location/venue is still being worked out, but right now we are looking for an idea of how many people would attend such an event and on what date.

Provided: Hot Dogs, Buns, and Condiments
Bring your own Beverage (unless someone decides to step up and bring pop)

The location will be a park in the Lansing area with a grill.  A small parking fee may be required to enter the park, but we're going to try to avoid such venues.

So here's the dates we are floating:

• 17 July 2011
  • 24 July 2011
  • 30 July 2011

Please vote in this thread's poll (feel free to select more than one) if you'd attend such an event and which date or dates would work best for you.  Please post a note in the thread if any of these days will absolutely not work for you.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Join Michigan Open Carry in Lansing for a Picnic
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
What ever date you set I will do my best to grace the Lansing area (and their PD) with my presence. [ I will carry Hi-Points to honor these gun grabbers]  :P

G9 in dah house boy ;)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:28:02 PM »
Can I bring my A-Team Mini-14?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline METL

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 02:56:32 PM »
Appparently I can't vote.. but I pick the 24th.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 12:19:08 AM »

Only if I can bring my A-Team Mini-30 with the 45rd banana mags ;) I always loved that show, with it's "magical" poorly concealed ramps that launched jeeps into the air. I think they expended MILLIONS of rounds without ever actually hitting the bad guys! But in the end they got the job done & I guess that's what really counts ::)

Enjoy link to show intro (80's TV at it's best)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o-YCy7xCAc&feature=player_embedded#at=48
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 12:21:15 AM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 12:36:25 AM »
Only if I can bring my A-Team Mini-30 with the 45rd banana mags ;)

Is it registered?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 01:10:19 AM »

Is it registered?

Is yours? Mine is a long gun, & I am the original owner; so for those in government who feel it is important to track ownership of semi-auto sporting rifles, can, I guess? Is this what your are getting at Pat?  ???
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:19:15 AM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 01:23:41 AM »

Is it registered?

Is yours? Mine is a long gun, & I am the original owner; so for those in government who feel it is important to track ownership of semi-auto sporting rifles, can, I guess? Is this what your are getting at Pat?  ???

Yes, as a matter of fact mine is registered, as required by statute.

Offline venator

• MOC Member
    • My Parents Open Carry book order
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »

Have you gone to any OC picnic?  I look forward to meeting you.
Family book on OPEN CARRY go to: http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/
Looking forward to having more smites than posts.  Thanks all.
The above are my opinions only.  Please seek an attorney concerning all questions of law.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 07:23:02 PM »

I OC at every picnic I attend. Actually semi-OC.

But back to the original question, Can I bring my A-Team mini-14?

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »

The answer is none that I've attended over the last year or so? This doesn't mean he doesn't go - but I don't think Pat gets out too often?

{I think it's hard on his back after spending so much time under that trolI bridge of his...just kidding ;)  ]

I did hear of one event he attended at a coney island this spring so he does expose himself to day light from time to time. The more I learn about Pat the more tolerant I become of him. Good question Brian. Carry on.
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 02:26:14 AM »
That was during the winter. And it wasn't really an event. Although it was eventful.

I don't troll anymore. Or less.

It's good that you can be tolerant. I can't tolerate intolerance.

Forget the A-Team mini-14.

Picked up a .30cal carbine pistol to show off instead. Remember when every party store in Detroit had one of them under the counter?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Join Michigan Open Carry in Lansing for a Picnic
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »

MOC's board has made it clear that the organization's mission is focussed on the OC of handguns. They also feel the appearance of a long gun at an event distracts the public from that focus. That being said, we cannot control what a free person does in public, we can only control if MOC will continue to associate with them.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 05:22:58 PM »
+1 Phil. carrt On. 8)
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 05:46:37 PM »

Cmon take a S.A.W, why so hesitant? lol
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 05:58:49 PM »

MOC's board has made it clear that the organization's mission is focussed on the OC of handguns. They also feel the appearance of a long gun at an event distracts the public from that focus. That being said, we cannot control what a free person does in public, we can only control if MOC will continue to associate with them.

Hmmm this raises questions? How can MOC "control" whom they associate with? Especially in a public, picnic style format. Other than filing appropriate court documents. Which also raises the question of, will MOC be filing court documents against any person it deems unworthy to participate in "their' cause... To the point. If an individual wishes to show up at an MOC.Inc Sanctioned? event carrying a firearm, rocket launcher, machine gun, grenade launcher or whatever the case. There is nothing MOC.Inc can do. The media hounds would have to sit back and enjoy there new found media attention. Which also makes me question what type of response the general public would have to open carry and MOC.Inc?
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 06:27:04 PM »
For those unfamiliar with the old TV show, Hannibal's choice of firearm was the Ruger Mini-14 with a folding stock.

Here in Michigan such a weapon is considered a pistol.

When another poser rasised the question of bringing a mini-30, I asked if it was registered. I am not really interested in whether it was or not but rather did so in a round about wat to ascertain if he had a piatol also.

I inquired about bringing my A-Team mini-14 out of a genuine desire to ascertain if it was acceptable. The inquiry was solely for that purpose. Not to engage in the debate of registering firearms for government acountability. Nor to discover what the policy of MOC is. It was a rather straight forward  and simple question...

"Can I bring my A-Team Mini-14?"

Now if I did have a SAW I just might bring that. But I don't. So that  is a moot, not MUTE, point.

And insofar as whether MOC can restrict anyones participation, the answer is yes. It is a private party and anyone can be asked to leave at anytime, without any reason. Even in a public place/property/venue.

Offline Christian Patriot

• Daniel
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 07:14:24 PM »
wow... sounds like a Lansing library nightmare all over. A terrible representation of what I stand for!
If you act like a horses bodonka donk, you should be treated as such, so, be of good character!

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 02:48:00 AM »
wow... sounds like a Lansing library nightmare all over. A terrible representation of what I stand for!

And just what is it that you stand for?

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 05:01:18 PM »

Only if I can bring my A-Team Mini-30 with the 45rd banana mags ;) I always loved that show, with it's "magical" poorly concealed ramps that launched jeeps into the air. I think they expended MILLIONS of rounds without ever actually hitting the bad guys! But in the end they got the job done & I guess that's what really counts ::)

Enjoy link to show intro (80's TV at it's best)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o-YCy7xCAc&feature=player_embedded#at=48

THE ABOVE was an attempt at humor. No Michigan pistols / short rifles / shotguns etc...PLEASE. Sorry Q for helping Pat hijack & wreck yet another good  thread >:(

This one goes out to Pat:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:09:39 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993